Are you experienced talented embedded software engineer with ambition to participate on state-of-the-art designs? Or are you enthusiastic and well motivated fresh graduate? Are you ready for challenges of ultra-low power, low voltage integrated circuits for battery-operated applications?
If so, we are looking for you! Our company would like to offer you the opportunity to be part of our embedded FW team and to work together with us on various new connected products.
The Swatch Group Ltd, is an international group active not only in manufacturing watches, such as Omega (used by James Bond), Tissot or Hamilton, but we are also a key player in embedded electronic systems, microchips and IoT, with focus on ultra-low power, low voltage integrated circuits and corresponding embedded software.
Together in the group, we are forming the “full-stack” company. We design and produce our own families of standard or customized ICs. We create embedded modules and develop embedded software for battery-powered systems. We also put high volume consumer products on the market.
Scope of the function:
You will be asked to carry software development tasks in the company’s Embedded Software team in Prague, the Czech Republic. This includes the design, maintenance and testing of watch embedded firmware. Working as part of a team of R&D engineers, your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop high-quality and power-efficient embedded SW in C language. This includes low-level drivers, protocol SW and interface layers, applicative layers for variety of cores from 8-bit to 32-bit
- Follow the software development workflow and contribute to its continuous improvement
- Plan, implement and apply software testing (unit, component, integration) according to required quality level
- Closely cooperate with other parts of the company – HW teams, qualification, manufacturing
We have following requirements for this position:
- Embedded FW development, testing and debugging on resource limited platforms
- Industrial communication software protocols like UART, I2C, SPI....
- C language
- Experience with MCU tools and development environments
- Communication and reporting skills in English, for reporting internally and externally
- Team player with ability to cooperate proactively with colleagues abroad
- Willingness to travel occasionally to other sites mainly in Switzerland
Master's in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Experience in the design of embedded SW, ideally low power application.
Having know-how or experience in the following areas is considered as a very valuable plus:
- Knowledge of RTOS is a strong plus
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M cores
- Assembler, Python scripting and C++ or other languages
- Matlab or similar simulation environment
- Knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy
- SW development process including build environment and versioning systems (SVN, Git)
- SW project management, SW quality methodologies
- French or German language
- competitive salary including benefits
- flexible working hours
- a role in a dynamic and multi-cultural team where everyone can make a difference
- the opportunity to bring your experience and ideas to the table
- team atmosphere
- international work environment with teams in Switzerland
- traveling opportunities